Saturday, December 1, 2012

White Christmas

We have now lived in the Villages for almost a year and every week I find new things that make me glad that we moved here.   On Friday night we attended a "musical" production, put on by the community theater group and we had such a great time that I just had to talk about it.  As a result, I decided to start this new blog.  I may not post regular entries here, but whenever we do something interesting or see another performance, I will try to write about it here. I will also write about things that have happened in the past year.


This week we had tickets to "White Christmas" at Savannah Center.  This is one of the large regional recreation centers in the Villages, with a room set up with a stage for shows.  This is the second time we have seen a show here, but I'll talk about the first one later.   "White Christmas" was a musical loosely based on the movie of the same name, but will a story line altered just enough to make it unique and surprising.   However, the most interesting thing about this production was that all the actors and actresses were residents of The Villages and members of the community theater group.  That means they were all our age or older, singing and DANCING on stage and they were great.

Now that isn't to say there weren't a few sour notes, mis-queues or corny jokes, but there were some really talented performers in the bunch.  We were amazed at the dancers and the cast invited the audience to sing along on some of the familiar tunes. It was a really enjoyable show.  This was the first time we have seen a show put on by our "neighbors" and I am now looking forward to seeing more of them in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment